Sunday, February 05, 2012

A Dozen Years...

That fateful day...

Clear night sky, peaceful environment, we took some time and strolled to the nearby playground. It was still the sandy type where the government outlawed it due to hygiene reasons for children.

I still remembered it was after the movies during the CNY period in year 2000. Everyone had gone back but I decided to ask her for a walk. So the playground's swing beckoned and we sat and enjoyed the quietness of the area. With her swinging easily, my mind swirled into action, how should I do it? How should I say it?

And with the swinging, the solution popped into my mind! And the only thing in my mind said to her "If you will be my steady (I know its cheesy but it was the "in" thing then), please don't stop swinging."

And there you have it...4 years later we ROMed, 2 years on we went through the ceremonial rites, 1 year later in 2007, out popped Ellie and then with the turn of the decade, a little bundle of energy named Seth (who was named in a pub called ICB btw) decided to paint our family a full round circle.

It's been a wonderful 12 years and I am damn sure it will be better for many many more years...

Love you my darling. Happy 12 years...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home